Building or remodeling a home is tough enough as it is; building permits, county inspections and a whole slew of other issues may have your stress levels off the charts. Well, we know a thing or two about home renovations and design and we’re happy to share our five favorite sources for some of the biggest decisions you need to make when it comes to your home.
When it comes to hiring a contractor, many factors go into your decision. Budget, area of expertise and location to your home are just a few important issues for consideration when dealing with the progress of your project. Choosing a contractor halfway across the state might not be your best bet, as they are not in close proximity to manage your project at all times, and hiring a contractor that’s out of your price range won’t work either.
Our trusted source for contractors and home builders/remodelers is HomeAdvisor. Here’s why we like it:
- Utilize HomeAdvisor’s 100,000+ service providers specializing in over 500 categories of service.
- Choose your contractor based on location to the project.
- Set your budget.
- Read actual client reviews.
Decorating Your Home
With countless design ideas out there today, finding the right one for your home may seem like a daunting task. Do you go with a contemporary look or a more traditional look? Which colors work together to achieve the look that you’re going for? And what if you’re not a design connoisseur? How do you get the help and ideas that you need in order to design a beautiful, liveable space?
Our pick here is Houzz. With so many ideas and pros, it’s a no brainer when it comes to designing the home of your dreams. Here’s why we like it:
- View some of the largest collections of design ideas from top pros in the industry.
- Compare pros by reading what actual clients have to say.
- Take a look at company portfolios for completed projects and ideas.
- Contact a pro directly to get started on your project.
Selecting Your Window Treatments
This may not be the first thing you consider when building or remodeling your home, but window treatments are an important aspect to the overall project. Finding the right option for you is imperative. After all, you are going to be living with your choice for years to come. Things to consider include budget, functionality, type of window treatment and the look that you’re wanting to achieve.
It’s important to hire a company that is not only knowledgeable, but also manufactures a quality product. At Naples Shutter, we pride ourselves in being able to assist clients in choosing the best product in the industry. You can also expect:
- Top-notch quality and customer service.
- Expert fabrication and installation.
- Products to meet nearly every budget.
- Confidence in choosing a company that has been serving the area for over 30 years.
Purchasing The Right Furniture
You may think you’re in the home stretch when it comes to being ready to finally buy your furniture, but another battle has just begun. With options ranging from department stores to furniture stores to online sites, finding a place to start can be a headache.
We recommend Wayfair, an online home store for furniture and decor. Here’s why:
- Shop from over 5000 brands of furniture, lighting and more.
- Take advantage of great daily deals.
- Create a custom “Idea Board” for your project.
- Enjoy free shipping on orders over $49.
Finding The Perfect Handyman
Your new home is built or remodeled...hooray! Now who do you call when something breaks? Unless you’re pretty handy around the house, it’s important to find someone who is and can help you when you need help. For this, we choose Handyman Connection. Here’s why we like it:
- Browse services offered from craftsmen with over 20 years of experience.
- Choose the right handyman, based on your individual needs.
- See examples of actual projects completed.
- Achieve peace of mind with their satisfaction guarantee.
Our Top Picks for Home Building and Remodeling
So there you have it! We hope that this helps you in making some of the many decisions needed when building or remodeling a home. Take the hassle out of your project and listen to the experts!